Symantec Encryption Desktop Professional is a comprehensive suite of encryption applications which provides flexible, multi-layered encryption by bundling Drive Encryption to secure the files stored on local hard drives, and Desktop Email Encryption to secure confidential data in email.
– Hard drive encryption software locks down the entire contents of a laptop, desktop, external drive, or USB flash drive, including boot sectors, system, and swap files.
– Enables encrypted email and secure AIM® Instant Messages.
– Creates storage-independent encrypted containers for transport and sharing of specific files using included utilities; PGP Self-Decrypting Archive, PGP Virtual Disk, and PGP Zip.
– Includes PGP Shredder which can completely destroy unwanted disk-based files and folders.
– Drive Encryption can be centrally deployed and managed by Symantec Encryption Management Server.
– Secures email without burdening users, to improve compliance with policies and regulations without hindering productivity.
– Allows users to easily and transparently share encrypted files and folders, improving data security without impacting user productivity.
– Management by Encryption Management Server centralizes creation, deployment and management of data security policies and reporting.
Compatibility with Microsoft Windows 10
This release supports the installation of Symantec Encryption Desktop on systems running Microsoft Windows 10, both 32- and 64-bit versions.
User Interface for Microsoft Windows Pre-Installation Recovery
Microsoft Windows Pre-Installation (WinPE) provides a bootable recovery tool to recover data from an encrypted drive that has been damaged or corrupted. You can now boot to a system that has been damaged or corrupted using a WinPE recovery CD or USB drive and then use the new graphical user interface to recover an encrypted drive.
New Pre-Boot Smart Card Compatibility
Added compatibility with Gemalto TOP DM GX4 72k (FIPS) cards for pre-boot authentication for Symantec Encryption Desktop for Windows.
What’s New in Version 10.4.1:
Building on Symantec’s proven technology, Symantec Encryption Desktop 10.4.1 for Windows includes numerous improvements and the following new features.
- Compatibility added for Windows 10 Anniversary Update
Compatibility added for Web Email Protection
– Web Email Protection now runs on the Google Chrome web browser.
Compatibility added for Citrix XenApp 7.9 with Symantec Encryption
– This release adds supports for the Symantec Encryption Desktop feature in the Citirix XenApp 7.9 environment.
The following issues have been resolved in this release of Symantec Encryption Desktop for Windows.
Symantec Encryption Desktop can no longer be downgraded without first uninstalling the currently installed version. 
Added support for the Symantec Desktop Email feature in the Citrix XenApp
After upgrading Symantec Encryption Management Server to version 3.4.1, Symantec Encryption Desktop clients no longer fail to synchronize with the server if the user name of the currently active account includes characters with accent marks. 
The installation of Symantec Drive Encryption on systems running Windows
10 no longer produces multiple blue screen errors. 
Microsoft Windows systems with the fast startup option enabled now no longer loads the incorrect Windows user profile when you disable Single Sign On using the Symantec Encryption Desktop registry settings. 
Microsoft Windows no longer fails to load after pre-boot authentication on the following systems that use NVMe drives: [3973034, 3986046, 3976777, 3975779, 4003007, 4003009, 4003014, 3994855]
HP ZBook 15 G3
Dell Precision 5510
Dell Precision 7710
Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon 4th Gen
Dell Latitude 7275
Symantec File Share Encryption
Now there is no data corruption towards the end of a .txt file that is copied from a local folder to a Server Message Block (SMB) folder, which is encrypted using Symantec File Share Encryption. 
Users can now click Folder Status and see the status of current File Share folders successfully. Also, Symantec Encryption Desktop does not crash when users click Folder Status.
Symantec Encryption Desktop Professional 10.4.1 MP1 (Win):
Symantec Encryption Desktop Professional 10.4.1 MP1 (Mac):