MacFamilyTree 8.1 comes with the brand new CloudTree feature – it is now possible for the first time to work on the same family tree with any number of users and in real time. All changes to your tree will be transferred and available to all other users invited by you within a few seconds. CloudTree operates in compliance with the highest privacy standards and relies on Apples iCloud infrastructure.
CloudTree syncs only changes. Sounds like a no-brainer to you? Well, it isnt. The old iCloud sync always needed to transfer your complete family tree file. If you change just one persons birthday, the whole file had to be uploaded and download again. With CloudTree Sync, only that single event has to be synchronized. This means faster sync than ever while consuming just very little bandwidth. Even sync via cellular network is no longer an issue.
Invite other iCloud users to work with them on the same family tree. All changes are synched within seconds and are available on all other devices. Just have a look at the change log if you want to know which entries changed and who contributed to your tree. Theres also a read-only mode if you like to show your tree to family members but dont want them to edit anything.
– Support for Touch Bar added, several contextual functions are directly accessible from the small display above the keyboard on the recently introduced MacBook Pro
– Improved place selection and management
– Better Web Site export performance
– Improved configuration of the Kinship report
– Timeline chart can now be filtered using Smart Filters
– Place list can now be sorted by state, county and country
– Many new Smart Filter options added
Fixes for Version 8.1.1:
– Problem displaying the Map Report fixed
– Rare crash issue fixed during syncing with CloudTree
– Touch Bar updating issue fixed
Fixes for Version 8.1.2:
– Rare issue fixed where CloudTree does not sync a specific entry type
– Fixed FamilySearch Reject all Matches button
– New LDS Temples added
Fixes for Version 8.1.3:
– Plausibility Check is now handling LDS events correctly
– Hourglass Chart in the Person Report can now be configured correctly
– Issues migrating databases from previous versions fixed
– Right-click in the Interactive Tree works reliably now
– Interactive Tree background colors fixed
Requirements: MacFamilyTree 8 requires Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite or higher.